FAQs Regarding Corporate Sponsorships
What are the dates and location for this year’s Competitive Advantage Conference?
Sept. 6-8, 2019, at the Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center in Schaumburg, Ill. Programming begins at noon on Friday and ends at noon on Sunday.
What engagement opportunities are available at the Competitive Advantage Conference?
- By leveraging The Consortium’s early-access relationship-based model to engage students, partners can engage the entire class of undergraduate scholars in a pre-and post-conference environment.
- Sponsors can participate in a number of relationship-based direct student engagement and networking opportunities during our corporate immersion experience.
- A cost-effective mini-career fair is also available.
- Sponsors can conduct informational and employment interviews for internships or full-time career opportunities.
Does my sponsorship include access to all workshops and networking events?
Yes, your sponsorship is all-inclusive.
Can you share a projected breakdown of attendees?
There will be about 300 students — both men and women — who are currently sophomores, juniors or seniors from any academic major. To participate in Competitive Advantage, all students must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- African American, Hispanic American or Native American
- Sophomore, junior or senior in good academic standing studying any academic major at one of the following Consortium-affiliated universities:
University of California, Berkeley
University of California, Los Angeles
Carnegie Mellon University
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
New York University
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
University of Rochester
University of Southern California
The University of Texas at Austin
University of Virginia
University of Washington
Washington University in St. Louis
University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Able to show continuous growth as a young, emerging leader through extracurricular activities and community involvement
What is the deadline for student applications and when are they notified?
Students must submit their applications by 11:59 pm CST on July 1, 2019. They will be notified of their acceptance by July 15, 2019.
Will I receive a resume book or contact information for attendees?
Yes! Before the workshop, you’ll receive a resume book, followed by a complete attendee list after the conference.
Will I be able to schedule interviews with students in advance?
There will be a block of time for corporate partners to interview juniors and seniors during the conference workshop. As a partner, you’ll have student resumes in advance and ample opportunity at networking and engagement events at the conference to schedule interviews for the interview block.
Can I contact students before the Competitive Advantage Conference begins?
Yes. We can send e-blasts to attendees on your behalf. Contact Jeff Farris, The Consortium’s director of database operations, at email@example.com or 636-681-5452. E-blasts may be submitted as text in a Word document, with your company logo attached separately. Alternatively, you may submit HTML code.
What channels are available for exposure for my company through Competitive Advantage?
We can offer exposure through a number of channels:
- The Competitive Advantage website
- Competitive Advantage workshop signs
- Your career fair space — customize it with pop-up banners and signage
What are some best practices to follow before the Competitive Advantage Conference?
- Plan ahead and customize your strategy to fit your company’s individual needs. Have conversations with your recruiting team, and take time to speak with our corporate development team about planning your footprint at the workshop.
- Work with Consortium staff to review resumes and send e-blasts detailing your workshop plans and hiring opportunities. Inform students of your attendance, and let them know what your footprint looks like.
- Keep in mind different strategies for students at different stages of their college career. Sophomores are beginning to consider their path, juniors are seeking internships and seniors may be seeking internships, looking to launch their careers or considering graduate school.
- Place yourself in students’ shoes, understanding that the workshop may be overwhelming at times — and a new experience for everyone.
- Have a follow-up plan in place to stay in contact with students you connect with at the conference.
Who is the program administrator for Competitive Advantage?
Janice Wells-White, The Consortium’s vice president for program administration, is the administrator of Competitive Advantage. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-681-5451.
As a corporate partner, who is our first point of contact for Competitive Advantage?
Angel McKay, The Consortium’s manager for corporate development, is ready to help you plan your corporate footprint or answer any additional questions you may have regarding your sponsorship. You can reach Angel at email@example.com or 636-681-54551.